My very first knitting pattern! It’s more of a “recipe” than a pattern, however. A friend asked for some knit baby suspenders, so I did a little research, and came up with a plan.
These are SUPER simple and fast to knit. Use whatever scrap yarn you have lying around the house and whatever needles you have that are an appropriate size for your yarn.
These suspenders aren’t intended to actually hold up pants. They are intended to be adorable!
- Cast on enough stitches to make the suspenders about 1 inch wide.
- Knit whatever stitch you want! (I used Garter stitch on the yellow pair, and Linen stitch on the multicolored pair)
- Keep knitting until you have the length you want (Use the Suspenders Size Guide for reference, and keep in mind that knit suspenders will be VERY stretchy).
- Bind off, knit another just like the first!
- (Optional) cross and sew your suspenders together in the back.
- Attach suspender fasteners (I used the Fashion Fit Clips suggested by Ashley’s Little Boy Suspenders craft post) with snap buttons, regular buttons, or just sew them on!
- Add any embellishments you want!
Feel free to leave comments! I want to see how you customize your baby suspenders!
Download the pattern here or on Ravelry!