Hats are incredibly flexible and therefore you or your recipient might wear multiple sizes of hats. Also personal preference dictates whether you want a snugger or slouchier fitting hat.
I’ve included a size chart on all my hats to help you decide which size is best. Some things to keep in mind:
- The hat circumference is unstretched. Knit hats can stretch 2-3 inches from their unstretched circumference.
- Measure around your head with a flexible measuring tape and compare to the size chart to figure your size category.
- If you aren’t sure of your head size (for instance, you’re buying a gift), it’s recommended to buy what category you think they’re in or size up instead of sizing down.
- Kids’ heads especially grow quickly. If you’re buying something for a new baby and you don’t have access to their head circumference, I suggest you purchase something in the 3-6 Month category or larger.
- Message me if you have any questions, need a custom size, or want additional measurements on a hat! I’m happy to do whatever I can to help you out.